At Your Fingertips: How to Evolve Your Business With Mobile
Technology has truly made our lives much easier and more comfortable. Now, everything seen outside your home can be seen through the monitor of your desktop computer. The whole world can be encased in a 14” LCD monitor and all we have to do is click. Technology has made it even better, with the surge of smart phones, we are not just restricted to texting, calling, and checking our email. Mobile phones have even become a driving force in sales and marketing. The line between mobile devices and computers is starting to fade; you can buy groceries, watch movies, and even check the latest happenings around the metro on your mobile phones now.
Here are some things you can do with that handy phone:
• Go shopping. Who would ever imagine that you could buy your favorite clothes on the Internet? You can just literally sit down at the bus or at the subway, and browse through your favorite high end stores and check their new collection, or even see which stores are on sale! This way of shopping has been coined as “shopping on the move”. This can be highly addicting especially for people with busy schedules who are always on the move. Their mobile device acts as an escape from their busy lifestyles and provides a short feeling of excitement as they get to shop directly from their phones. You can also shop for books and other gadgets online. Payment is usually by credit card.
• Take tours of the world. Here, users can visit any place around the world without leaving the comfort of your own home. It may not be as exciting as really going to the place itself, but browsing through the different videos and photos has its own version of excitement as well.
Aside from these, how does one use their everyday mobile phone to expand their business? With new features and applications in today’s smart phones, it is impossible that these won’t come in handy. Here are some ways to utilize the power of these tiny gadgets:
• Your very own business hotline. This is one of the basics. Even though a landline is helpful, getting a mobile phone which can answer calls anytime anywhere could also help in your business. There are already lots of phones coming out that use a landline number, this have proven to be convenient to people who are usually on the go.
• Creating your mobile website. Nowadays, anyone can create their own website. This is essential because people go online more now than they did 10 years ago. The problem is how to recreate it so that anyone can access it through his or her mobile phones. It might look hard, but it’s actually very easy. You can download mobile kits and applications online that will transform your website and make it possible to be viewed on a mobile phone. It’s quite easy, and all you have to do is follow the steps. When creating a mobile website you have to make sure that it’s compatible with as many kinds of mobile as possible. You might have successfully created a mobile website, but can it be viewed in any type of mobile phone? You can also ask the help of professionals when it comes to creating your website.
• Using your cell phones as guides. Recently some museums have created mobile phone applications to act as guide maps with added features such as interactive menus where guests can view added information on their phones while strolling around the museums.
The world is truly at your fingertips. Many people have used the internet for online businesses, since it costs less and is becoming more of a convenience especially to people to have no time to go out. The mobile phone is starting to pave its way. Mobile phones have been around for quite some time and who would know that this small device could be used to earn money? Now, we can truly say that nothing is impossible and maybe in the near future more amazing things are waiting to happen.
Judy Gulick is an avid mobile user and writes for various blogs on emerging mobile and business Internet technology.
This is a guest post and the author’s views below are entirely his own and may not reflect the views of Momentum Marketing.